Sundance 2006

Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday afternoon

Trivia: 4300 shorts were submitted this year. 78 were selected to screen at the festival. Some odds, eh?

You can watch the Barbie doll film I mentioned earlier, called THE TRIBE, and other Sundance shorts, at www.sundance.org .

First celebrity sightings at the Egyptian theater on Main St. Went to buy a sandwich before the film, and Gael Garcia Bernal was standing 1 person over from me. No one had noticed him and I caught his eye. Siddled right over to him and told him I just saw BAD EDUCATION the other night and how awesome it was. Then asked if I could take his photo. He said yes, if I was in it too. Tomorrow we'll go to the HP Photo Pavillion and I will upload it for your viewing pleasure.

Also saw Diego Luna who was the star of our afternoon film. Gael and Diego were the 2 stars of Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN if you don't recognize their names.

Today's other films included a fabulous documentary about Tony Kutchner (who wrote ANGELS IN AMERICA), a Mexican film (with Sonja Braga's magnificent niece) and an Australian film called JEWBOY about a rabbi's son who loses his faith when his dad dies.

Right now I'm writing from a house where my friend Nancy is staying for the festival. She's the manager of one of the theaters and she's hosting a little party. Alyssia and I are hanging with some staff and volunteers.

The outside temperature was 14 when we got into the car. But it was sunny all day.

Goodnight from Park City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home